Welcome to Tex-Edit Plus, my scriptable, styled text editor that
fills the gap between Apple's bare-bones SimpleText and a
full-featured word processor! It is particularly useful for
formatting text that is transmitted over the Internet. Tex-Edit Plus
is small, fast, easy-to-use and requires little memory. Tex-Edit Plus
is Shareware ($10).
With Tex-Edit Plus you can:
- Quickly create, edit and print styled text documents of any
size (limited by RAM).
- View and print TeachText or SimpleText read-only ("ReadMe")
- Easily create TeachText/SimpleText read-only documents,
including embedded pictures.
- View and print color PICT files, such as those produced by
draw programs or Apple's built-in screen snapshot utility.
- Copy a selection from a PICT file, cropping the image for use
in the company newsletter.
- View, edit and print text documents created by virtually any
word processor or computer.
- Reformat downloaded e-mail or text, correcting word-wrap
problems and removing extraneous, non-Mac characters.
- Prepare text for upload to a BBS, so that people with MS-DOS
systems can view the document as it was intended to be
- Instantly quote a brief passage from received e-mail, allowing
the sender to remember their original message.
- Explore the power of AppleScript.
- Read any text document aloud, if you have Apple's Speech
Manager extension. (Listen to a SimpleText read-only file, for
example, as the text and pictures scroll by!)
- Quickly optimize a document for printing, replacing generic,
typewriter-era characters with professional-looking
typographically correct text.
- Create simple hypertext documents.
- Insert attention-getting sound annotations to spice up
ordinary inter-office mail.
- And more