File Buddy is a general utility for working with files and
folders. It can:
- Obtain and set a wide range of file and folder
- Find files using an extensive set of search criteria.
- Find files containing specified resources.
- Modify a batch of file names, e.g., remove ".txt" from several
file names at once.
- Rename a batch of files sequentially.
- Create aliases easily in you favorite places.
- Create volume and folder inventories that can be compared to
report new, deleted, and modified files and folders.
- Find empty files and folders, duplicate files, unattached
aliases, and unused preference files.
- Rebuild desktops, even on floppies.
- Move and copy files.
- Delete resource forks and data forks.
- Erase files and unused disk space.
- Create custom icons: from PICTs on the clipboard; from other
icons; for folders; with blank icons; using only small icons.
File Buddy is in FAT binary, which means it will work optimally
for both PPC and 68k